Horse Management FAQ
What should I feed my horse?
- Every horse is unique. A typical endurance includes hay and some sort of grain supplement with essential vitamins and minerals, all of which can be found at your local feed store.
- Do any of you have insurance on your horses? If so what coverage & what company? Also do you have to list "endurance" as your sport?
- When you feed beet pulp mash, how much beet pulp to how much water? And why do you feed it, for hydration or energy or both?
- I've read about feeding "mash" at rides. I have a lot to learn about proper nutrition and feeding an endurance horse. So..what's in your ride-day mash and why? What other adjustments do you make regarding feed immediately before, during, and after the ride?
- How much to feed before the ride, and when?